Guitar in Real Time Level 2
Course Description and Backing Tracks
Guitar in Real Time Level 2 builds on the skills and understanding gained in Level One. In it, you’ll continue to develop the skills that you’ve already acquired, learn new techniques, get to know new keys, and understand more theory. This is the next step to develop your musicianship.
Get the Level 2 book here.
Here’s a summary of new things you’ll learn:
- more advanced finger-style and picking techniques
- how to play hammer-ons and pull-offs effectively
- when to use suspended chords and what they are
- play major 7th chords and understand what they are
- how to play natural harmonics
- to create your own chord progression and writing a melody for it
- making melody lines using blues and pentatonic scales
- reading and playing in 2-sharp and 1-flat keys
- playing anywhere on the fret-board using movable scales
- movable scale sequencing – note patterns that repeat
- scales in 3rds and 10ths as the basis for chords and harmony
- introduction to bar chords (a main focus of Level 3)
- … and much more
Following are examples and backing tracks of music featured in the Level 2 book. Listen to the tracks to hear how each piece “goes.” You can benefit by working on each piece in the book without the track. Then when you able to play at the track speed try playing along. When you can comfortably play along with each track you’ll know that it’s time to move on to the next one.