Guitar in Real Time Level 2
Course Description and Backing Tracks
Guitar in Real Time Level 2 builds on the skills and understanding gained in Level One. You’ll continue developing existing skills and new techniques, keys and theory are introduced.
Get the Level 2 book here.
Here’s a summary of new things you’ll learn:
- more advanced finger-style and picking techniques
- how to play hammer-ons and pull-offs effectively
- when to use suspended chords and what they are
- play major 7th chords and understand what they are
- how to play natural harmonics
- to create your own chord progression and writing a melody for it
- making melody lines using blues and pentatonic scales
- reading and playing in 2-sharp and 1-flat keys
- playing anywhere on the fret-board using movable scales
- movable scale sequencing – note patterns that repeat
- scales in 3rds and 10ths as the basis for chords and harmony
- introduction to bar chords (a main focus of Level 3)
- … and much more
The following tracks are of music in the Level 2 book to use as examples and to play along with.
Page 19 (Slowed down version)
Page 20 (slow version)