Guitar in Real Time: Level 1 Course Description and Backing Tracks
Guitar in Real Time: Level One is for absolute beginners. If this is you, by the end of Level 1 you’ll be able to play a number of music pieces finger-style, with a pick, or both. No experience is necessary. All you need is to have a desire to play and you can start immediately by following the videos on this site. By the end of the book you’ll be able to move on to Level Two.
In Level 1, you’ll learn how to:
- play right hand finger-style arpeggios and use “walking fingers” technique
- use a pick (plectrum) as an alternative approach
- read and play notes on all six strings
- read and know how to play basic major and minor chords
- write music on guitar using scales that you’ll learn
- understand where chords are created
- … and more
Level 1 Study Check-sheet
Guitar in Real Time Level 1 Check-sheets to keep track of what you learned. This is a 2-page document, listing skills and learning goals. . . great for keeping track of achievements and staying on track with things to be learned.
It’s also useful for teachers to record students’ progress.
Level 1 Backing Tracks
Following are backing tracks of music pieces in the Guitar in Real Time: Level 1 book for students to work up to and play along with.
Frere Jaque – Slow
8 Bar Blues Trip(let) Slow
8 Bar Blues Trip(let)
The Low Down